Saturday, October 4, 2008

A couple links to add backgrounds and music

I am going to add a couple links here for you all to use if you would like....

The first one is for customized layouts. They seem to have a ton of them! When you get there click on backgrounds. On the right side of the page there is categories you can click on. Once you find the background you like scroll down to find the code. Copy it. Go to your blog layout and add a gadget. You want to add HTML. Paste the code in there and save it. You should have your new background then. It seemed to take a few minutes for mine to show up. I actually redid the adding of the code a couple times because I didn't think it was working but it did. Then I went into layout again and clicked font/color and messed around with my colors to match the background I added. I hope this helps you some ;)


http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/index.php


Second link it to a great site I found to create a playlist to add music to your blog. It was pretty simple compared to others I looked at. You will need to create an account but even that was super quick and easy. Then you search for anything you want either by artist or songname. Once you are happy with the playlist you click on post my playlist. Then you will click option E. At the beginning you will name your playlist so when you get to the page after clicking E you will click your playlist. Here you will have three options. I clicked yes to autostart, yes to random/shuffle so ya'll don't have to hear the same song everytime lol. Then you choose your player color, there is only a couple to pick from. Then click get code. I am not sure why but the first code doesn't work so there is a second place under code box that says "Did that code above not work for your social network? Click here to try another code!" The second code will come up below the first one. Copy it. Go to your layout in your blog again and add gadget again (I added my gadget to the bottom of my page) and pick HTML again. Paste it and save. Your player should be there (this seemed to take a few minutes also to show up and work). The cool thing I noticed was that when I added more songs at Playlist they automatically go onto your blogger playlist so you don't have to keep re-adding the playlist all the time.

http://www.playlist.com/

I hope this helps you some ;) I just want to keep sharing what I learn so we can all end up with awesome homes!

Love you and hugs, Robyn

6 comments:

  1. very cool thanks. On the playlist the first code worked for me. I had to start at the end to start copying as it ran off the screen... thanks for the headsup

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just saved me an entry. I was going to write up one with the sites and directions! Great minds think a like! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had found some really cute layouts on Pyzam.com. But i found the problem i had was the layouts are mostly the Thin table in the middle where your entries go and if you like to post lots of images and photos, you have to make the photos Tiny or they get cut off. So i stuck with a standard layout that allows that middle table to be stretched...and i'm going to just add a custom header.

    The music is a good idea...but I'm not sure if i can read and have music playing in the background LOL. Some people can though. for me it's hard to concentrate...however you have a good idea with the playlist thing...because those that want to stop the music can! rather than one with no stop button :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU...THANK YOU....GONNA PRINT YOUR DIRECTIONS & FOLLOW....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the Playlist thing but got aggravated with it coming on everytime I clicked on it and aggravated if my readers didn't have the option of shutting it off either. I went back to Playlist and got it and clicked on that thingy that said do not start playing automatically, then had to go back into my journal and erase the html code for it, and add the new html code with the dont play automatically thing in it. I added it but then eventually went back and just got rid of it. I have a headache. That's why. ROFLMBO

    ((((((((ROBYN))))))
    I so crack my self up but that is a true story.

    ReplyDelete