Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Found out the stage of the cancer tonight

As I find anything out I will update. Grant has stage 3 small cell lung cancer. I honestly do not know alot about types of cancers, or the stages but from what we understand it is not good. He is not in good shape. He knows he is dying. After they put the port in him he will be able to go home because that is where he wants to be. He has a house on my hubby's brother's property. He will go to his house for a bit then they will move him to my hubby's brother's house when it is needed. He will pretty much convert his basement into his hospice area. He will get a hospital bed and any other needed things for him to be as comfortable as possible. I still am having a hard time believing this. The cancer also has spread past his lung. Tonight while hubby and them were at the hospital he was brought down for an MRI to see if it has moved into his brain already. That answer will be known tomorrow. I guess at this point all anyone can do is pray that he is comfortable as possible and when his time is done hope he has said his peace in this world. I do know he will be surrounded by everyone who loves him up until the end. I hate being 4 hours away down in the cities with my hubby dealing with the beginning of the end of one of his best friends in the world. He is one of those friends that would have always had my hubby's back in any situation ever. They have all been friends for a very long time. My hubby's brother is even closer to him as they live on the same property. Grant has been his right hand man for a LONG time! Remember every day to tell those who mean the most to you how much you love them!

Today I took my son and I to the doctor again. My son has been sick. He has a bad ear infection so he started meds today for it. I have been having some major health issues for awhile now. Same symptoms that never seem to fully go away. But I am mom so I keep on going each day and just act like it's ok. Yesterday I took my kids to the mall to get them new winter coats and felt so lightheaded and sick I honestly thought I was going to faint. I told my daughter what to do if I did. Thank god I didn't. We headed home and I figured out it was because my fever was 102.7. For the last 6 days my fever hasn't broke one time. It seems to stay around the 102.4-102.8 range and when I take medicine it drops down to a low grade fever like 99-100. But not once in almost a week has it actually went away. So when I went to the doctor today my blood pressure was 150/100. Way to high! She thinks it is the fever causing it. I need to not eat or drink anything starting at midnight tonight and they will do fasting blood work tomorrow morning. They are also going to test me for Mono. But I thought you could only have it once in your life and I had it badly when I was young. So I guess pray for me also that somehow, someway I can get some answers as to why I cannot seem to get better no matter what or how many antibiotics I take.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Love you and hugs, Robyn

12 comments:

  1. dear robyn,
    please know i have grant, & the whole family in prayer. may he be as comfortable as possible & have an easy passing. may the family have strength, as they;ll need it in the days ahead.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray for Grant & his family. I'm so sorry to hear about your son's ear too...those are so painful. Plus...you poor thing, you're sick also!! I hope you all get some rest and start feeling better....good thoughts are being sent your way.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn,
    So sorry to read about Grant. He must be a wonderful person to have that much love and support from your husband and his brother. Hope your son gets well quickly.Please take care of yourself too.Glad you finally saw a doctor.
    My prayers are with you all.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you need to be on an episode of HOUSE M.D hehehe!
    I hope someone can figure out whats going on.

    As for Grant, that's such horrible news...Is he in any pain?
    At least he can be at home where he wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very sad to read. Prayers for all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn, Grant and the whole family are in my prayers....have they checked to see if RFA might be of help with his cancer. Has worked for my cousin. Sorry to see you aren't feeling so great, hopefully you'll get that fever done soon. Sorry your son is also having problems with his ear. Bless you all. Arlene(AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Robyn, I'm so sorry to hear about Grant and so sorry I haven't been commenting. Dang, I thought I added myself as a follower but must have forgot. Sheesh, no wonder I didn't see your updates in my dashbord. I will keep Grant's peace and comfort in my prayers as well a you and your hubby. I sure hope you feel better soon. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robyn,

    Bless your heart, you're going through so much with your family. I've added Grant and your family to my prayer list and will be praying for you all and keeping you in my thoughts.

    Thank you, with all you're going through for saying prayers for Sarah and Bennie. I appreciate it more than you know.

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I continue to keep Grant in my prayers on the smoke. I can't imagine this is easy to accept to anyone that knows him. You and your family are in my thoughts dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Sweetie. I pray YOU feel better quick..i always worry so for you because it is an ongoing problem. So sorry your son is sick too and i have you ALL in prayer. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Grant in my prayers and also his entire family...please know, many hugs and love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please know that I'll be keeping Grant in prayers and all those that know him for their strength to endure this loss as well.
    You are so strong but I worry for you. It seems you've been sick for about a year. Have you had them do a thyroid panel on you? My son had mono when he was in Jr. High and it affected his thyroids so bad he had to have them removed this year.
    I hope your baby boy and all of you get well soon. It seems you've been sick for the longest time.
    Can we see the coat?
    I need a new one this year. Or at least a good used one. Haha
    ((((((((((ROBYN))))))))

    ReplyDelete