Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween fun!


How do ya'll make your pumpkin seeds? My MIL gave me
the awesome idea of saving the pretzal salt from the bottom
of the bags through out the year then using it for the seeds.
I also forgot to take the picture with the Worschestire (Sp?) sauce.
I add just a tiny bit and mix the seeds up good also.





















Happy Halloween to all of you and your families! I hope everyone had a blast tonight. I took my daughter and two of her friends and Josh to a neighborhood a few minutes away for a couple hours. Man did they all make out like bandits, half the stuff in their bags is full size candy bars, popcorn, fruit roll ups, you name it they got it!
About half way in between a house had the coolest thing set up in their garage. They had it all decorated with tables and chairs and smoke, music, lights, ect. They were serving hotdogs, hot cidar, ice cold water, and full bags of chips. WOW lol.
I am wiped out tonight! I feel like I haven't slept in days but my kids had a ball so that's all that counts. This is the first year since I can remember it hasn't been frigid cold on Halloween night for trick or treating. It was 50 and beautiful! We are used to 10 and colder temps like that lol.
Hubby went back up north this afternoon for a few days to visit with Grant. Last night we carved pumpkins. I did the cat one, hubby did the wolves one, and Ray did the other two. One was from last week. Oh she also did the baby pumpkin for Josh.
I tried to get some pictures tonight of some of the houses we went to because everyone had so much Halloween decor up it was amazing. But I cannot figure out how to get clear, good night shots at all with my camera. I know it has the capability but don't ask me how.
So AOL journals are all gone. I am so mad at them for not making sure EVERYONE got their journals transferred over! I do hope everyone continues getting comfortable here so we do not lose contact with one another!
I know in Jland that a card send was organized for christmas. I wondered if anyone plans on doing that again this year? Or maybe if a few of us together could get it organized? When I used to host tournies for a game called Word Yacht we aside from the card exchange, also drew names and exchanged ornaments. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested in that but it really was a ball the years we did it!
Well I am going to end this for tonight and get ready to fall into bed. Have a great weekend ;)
Love & hugs to you all!

9 comments:

  1. Loved the pumpkins,loved the costumes and I helped myself to a handful of those pumpkin seeds,LOL.Happy Halloween
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I love to see the kids in their costumes. It brings back such fun memories of myself and my own kids when they were little. Sounds as if you had a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween! Great pictures. Wonderful costums. Cool pumpkins. Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time. I helped myself to a handfful of pumpkin seeds too LOL!!
    Alvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pumpkins look great and we've only done two so far. I've got another one I'm working on with a flag on it. I need your pumpkin seed recipe. I just put salt on mine but now it sounds like I can take it to whole new heights. I loved seeing the kids in their costumes. I'm so glad it was warm. It was mild here too and for Katie's sake I was sooo glad. Your pictures were darling. I hope hubby gets back soon as I know you'll miss him.

    Nelishia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pumpkins are out of this world! I'm the world's worst carver. Ours are still whole. My son will bake the seeds. He uses all different seasonings. We will probably go buy a few more to get the seeds from.

    The kids look just as cute as can be. That's what I love about Halloween...give out the candy and seeing the costumes. Hope you get yourself some rest...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, all the kids look great...especially Josh! Your pumpkins are great....wow, free hotdogs? I will be sending you a Christmas card for sure. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG....What did you do to my sweet innocent lil Joshie?!? He's the cutest lil devil tho ;) Ray and her friends look great too!! I'll have to show you me and my "kids" too.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween photos...looks like all had a great time!!! FYI...I started a new blog..your invite is in your email...many hugs and love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I would love to do the Christmas cards this year again. I always had so much fun receiving stuff in the mail.
    The kiddos look great and love the costumes. I'm so happy the weather was nice. It was like 73 here unbelievable we loved it.
    I never cook the seeds before, but should try that sometime. I didn't even get pumpkins this year. Kyan wasn't around most of the time so there was no point. I do everything for him. No point if there are no little ones around.
    Hugs, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete