Thursday, October 2, 2008

Menu for the week........

Hi everyone. When I share tags here until I figure it out more I have to shrink some of the tags I make to be veiwed right. So some may actually be bigger then they look.

I left the house early this morning and ran errands until around 1. I am not feeling so hot at all. Hopefully tomorrow it will pass. I spent about $300.00 dollars at the grocery store and I am SO happy hubby was here to carry them all in!

I am trying something new this week and planning my weeks meals. Usually I will plan special ones, otherwise pretty much wing it.

On the menu in our house is....
Butter Beef served over egg noodles
Pot Roast
Spaghetti
Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
Beef Soup
Make our own personal pizza's
Winging it one night with Tuna salad or egg salad

4 of those I make in the crockpot. Throw it in there in the morning. Let it cook all day and dinner is ready and YUMMY at 5. Works great! Love my crockpot!! I have never made butter beef but it sounds really good and super simple.

Getting used to this new blog is a trip I tell ya! Everytime I think I have the basics figured out I get stuck on something else. I do honestly like a few things better than J-land. I really like the followers. Doesn't it make us sound like groupies or stalkers? lol Well you are all my friends so stalk me anytime!

I have so much I could write about but just don't have the energy tonight.

OHHH one thing I would love to share with everyone though. I have been changing diapers for TWELVE years (nope you didn't read that wrong!) My son is still in diapers and we have been very consistent for a long time just hoping it would stick sometime that when you need to potty you go to the bathroom and do so. It has been a source of major frustration. He has not pooped in his pants in 12 days!!! OH MAN is it nice lol

I think that is one thing that is very taken for granted. I know I did with my daughter. After 24 months it was like "Oh man I am tired of changing diapers". I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be changing diapers for only two children for 12 years. But you do what you gotta do.

Because this is a new journal at some point I am going to do a very heartfelt entry about Josh for any new readers. I am also going to post some pretty graphic photo's of his Cranial Vaults (Complete reconstruction of his skull) he has had done. I will forewarn in my title when I write that entry. If you have a weak stomach I will advise against looking at the photo's. I will try to get that entry done in the next week or so.

My kids are out of school tomorrow so it's is a long weekend! I am so happy to see so many of you here at Bland already! I was so worried I would lose touch and not know how to find you all! Hugs and goodnight friends!
Robyn

5 comments:

  1. The food on your menue sound delious, I hope your friday is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you hire out on weekends as a cook, you can come to my house anytime!!!
    Your son is part of your family, and that makes him part of ours..I always want you to share him with us :)

    Love & Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it is WONDERFUL that maybe he is potty trained!! CONGRATS! That crock pot cooking is also a good idea..if you plan the meals, it costs less. I love your big tags. I have not made an entry trying a tag yet though.
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on the 12 day mark. I can't imagine having to change diapers for 12 years. Just shows you do what you have to do for your kids. As Linda said your son is just as much a part of our family as you are. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food on the menu does sound great. I love my crockpot too and it has been in use the last couple of weeks moreso than in a long time because of the cooler weather. Our dishwasher broke down though so it's back to trying to cook without using everything in the house so that I'm not at the sink all day. Even though I wash as I go, it still seems like there's loads after every meal.

    You need an award or something. 12 years! He is getting all the love and teaching he needs from you all. I hope by the time I've found this entry the track record is still ongoing for his success.

    I like that STOP FOLLOWING thing above.

    Nelishia

    ReplyDelete