Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tator tot hotdish, hot tea, and Strawberry Shortcake








Hi everyone! Wow history was made tonight. When I watched Obama's speech tonight I got the chills and teary eyed. Oprah and Jessie Jackson were in tears also. My daughter's homework tonight was to watch TV for 3 hours and on a blank US map keep track of who was controlling each state.

For dinner tonight we had tator tot hot dish. It is a comfort food favorite in my house. It was my grandma's favorite dish and it was funny after her funeral, the luncheon at her church about 10 different ladies made a pan of tator tot hot dish to serve to everyone. I didn't want to even look at a tator tot for at least a year after that day. But my daughter requests for it to be made because she loves it!

I drink a cup of my honey, lemon hot tea once a day and it always feels so great on my throat! So I figured I would show you how I make it for those who don't know. I know the first time I ever made a cup it was not good. Then I figured out what to do and it is so yummy! I put a little bit of that raw sugar cane in the cup then add the bags obviously when the water is boiling, the most important part I have realized is the steaming. After I add the 2 bags, I cover it with a plate for about 5-10 minutes before I take the bags out and stir it up. Great drink to warm you up if your chilly, or like I said for a sore throat!

I also put pictures of another tie blanket I made tonight for someones special Katiebug for Christmas :)

I hope you are all having a great week so far! Yesterday and the day before it was 75 degrees in Minnesota!!! UNHEARD of here for November! I turned the heat off again and opened all the windows. It was beautiful! Me and the kids have been shopping, out to eat, to the Mall of America to ride rides, to Chuckie Cheeses again, just enjoying the weather. And let me tell you by the end of the night I am ready to fall over! Man oh man am I tired of feeling cruddy. But I just keep going because there is no choice to anything different.

Hubby is still up with his friend Grant and brother. He was going to come home today but Grant got admitted into the hospital again tonight. He is really in rough shape!!His body rejected the Chemo, he got Lympodema (Spelling?) almost immediately. He now is getting radiation every single day. I sometimes feel almost like an oaf to my hubby because he is so torn up right now and I just do not know what to say to him, because there is no making this better! I listen, tell him I love him, and am here, and encourage him to stay up there to be with him until the end. I know that is all I can do but I just wish when I am talking to him and he sounds so out of it, or stressed, or worried, or sad that I could help him more.

Well I can barely keep my eyes open so I should end this now. Goodnight!

Love & Hugs, Robyn

7 comments:

  1. I'm sooo sorry about your hubby's friend there is really nothing more you can do. Hot tea sounds grand. Man I'm coming to stay with you. I have always wanted to go to the Mall of America I think that would be like a fantasy trip for my shopaholic sister. You should take pics of that place and share it sometime. I can't even imagine a place that huge.That blanket is adorable. Hope you get some rest and feel better. I'm trying to catch up here and there on journals. I'm so behind. I just got to use one of your tags tonight. I finally am getting stuff transferred to photobucket long process.
    Hugs, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is adorable. The tea method sounds like something I should try. I love drinking tea in the cold weather. It just warms the soul. I will say a prayer for your husband and his friend. You are doing the right thing I think. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that crud everyone else has...so hot tea is THE only thing I'm drinking. Love the blanket you made. You'll have to leave the recipe for us for the Tator Tot Casserole. Watching History be made last night was priceless! (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Grant, Robyn. Now how do you make that tater tot dish? Wow, my kids would love it, and so would I.

    We did see a huge piece of history being made last night. I never expected such a landslide.

    Oops and that blanket is adorable! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. would you send me the recipe for that tator tots?
    I am so sorry for your DH's friend....i know sometimes we just do not know what to say and you can only hold them and love them. Glad it was warm for you...i know you LOVED that! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've made the best of this wonderful weather. Sorry to hear about your hubbys friend. Hoping your Today is being good to you! Take care,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. AW!!! I love it and so will a certain KATIE BUG who uses her other tie blanket every single day. That dish looks awesome and is something we'd all love here. I'd love the MALL OF AMERICA and putting her on all those rides. It's hard to know what to say when someone is that sick. I just hold their hands and care and hopefully they feel that. I'm glad you have HAPPY weather in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete