Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving pictures


















I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time at my MIL's house. The food was great and we were all stuffed! We all played a game of Mexican Dominoes and had a blast doing that also. We got home around 11:15 last night and were sleepy!
Today I went to see my doctor and he gave me Xanax. I have never once in my life needed to take a pill for depression, anxiety, nothing. I guess I am at a point in my life that I need them. My doctor told me after hearing my life story so to speak, he is amazed that I have made it 33 years by simply dealing all on my own. He said my body is telling me I need some help lol. They wanted to give me an anti depressant also and I said no for now. I truly do not think I am depressed, I think I am completely and utterly sick of being sick. I am really frustrated not having the energy I used to, and I am very tired of not feeling like myself. If that makes me depressed, then maybe I am? He also said that there is a specific anti depressant that is commonly used for people with CFS/Fibromylagia so that is the biggest reason they want me to take them.
He asked me to take the Xanax for a week, up to 3 a day when needed and to please come back this coming Tuesday and we will go from there. If I feel like the Xanax is giving me the relief I need right now so badly, then he won't push me to take the other. If I am still have anxiety issues with the Xanax he wants me to start the anti depressant's also. Ultimately it is my choice and I am having a really hard time admitting I need to start taking pills to deal with life.
I do not want to become so dependant on them that everytime I have a bad day I need to take a pill to cope. It isn't me. I am NOT knocking anyone that does need to take these type of pills, so please noone get offended. I am simply speaking for myself. I have dealt with one tragedy after another my whole life and made it through is all I am saying, so I don't understand why that should be any different now. But it is and I have admitted I need to take something to help me deal with the stresses of my life that aren't going anywhere.
We are setting up our Christmas tree tomorrow. I usually do a color theme, but this year since our house is so multi colored we are going to make the tree multi colored. I will get some pictures once everything is decorated and post them. I did get alot of my house decorations put up last night and some outdoor lights on our deck. We have this cute santa and reindeer light, so I hung that and added some red and white bulbs with it.
My hubbies son is here for the weekend again also. So him and Ray are downstairs hanging out and we are relaxing. Tomorrow hubby and his son are taking our stinky dog to the self wash and giving him a good bath! I think I will tell him to bathe the truck also while there lol.
Starting Monday life is going to be so hectic. I am relaxing this weekend and trying to do very little to save some energy for Monday.
I still need lots of your snail addresses for Christmas cards. And to those who sent them already thank you ;) Chrissie I know I need yours still, Robin, Linda, Barb, Alvia, anyone who wants me to send a card please email me your address ;) I will be sending them out around the 10th of the month.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Love & Hugs,
Robyn

8 comments:

  1. Loved all the pics. Can't wait to see the tree and decorations. I sent you my addy.
    Hugs, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family gathering and the food looks sooooooooooooooo good. I got hungry sitting here looking at it all. I know how you feel about the meds...just to deal with everyday life...sometimes we need a little help. Many hugs to you and thank you for sharing your special day with family...love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to see your tree pics! You have the most beautiful home! LOVE LOVE the Thanksgiving pics....MAN, WHAT AN AWESOME SPREAD OF FOOD! Rick would have been in heaven with that turkey dark meat. I pray you have a happy weekend with the kids and your stepson.
    Everyone feels differently about meds but PLEASE do me a favor and try the Xanax and MAYBE give the other pill a try. Your doctor DOES know you and DOES want the best for you. I have tried anti depressants three times....and only Zoloft worked BUT i was a zombie....and i went off all three cold turkey...so i am not one to talk. I just wish only peace for my sweet Robyn. Tell me if you need my address. PLEASE send me yours today. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that food looked so good, Robyn. As far as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety, I've taken Xanax for years. It makes you goofy at first but then it did help me. I had huge panic attacks. LOL...I was on Proac for many years. Anti-depressants aren't addictive at all. If you feel anything but normal from any of them, then it's not the right one. But, it's all a personal choice. I know LJ gets bad side effects from them. I just want you to feel better. I pray that you find something to help you.

    Take pictures of your decorations. I remember last year they were soooo pretty. Big HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robyn,
    About the meds - I say go with your instincts. It has been anything but easy, but you made a great point. You've always made it through the tragedies & mess without medication. Doctors sometimes assume that after hearing about events in your life, you MUST be depressed. Doctors also have their own liability to think about because America's get rich quick scheme now (& has been for years) is to sue, so they'll sometimes prescribe antidepressants or whatever to protect themselves. This means sometimes the meds are prescribed unnecessarily. I think the best idea is to go with your instincts.

    All I can say about your pics is - WHAT A SPREAD! It all looks delicious! Nelishia cooked most of the day getting up at 5:00 AM & it was s-o-o-o good! We'll be having turkey everything for the next couple of weeks, but that's OK. It just extends the experience for me. Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!

    Dirk
    http://tsalagiman2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like one helluva a holiday. Thanks for sharing!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with the meds , I am the same way with meds I hate to rely on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robyn
    Great pictures.....looks like you had a wonderful time. Sorry to hear about the anxiety issue....i totally sympathise as i to suffer....in silence most of the time i might add. Hope the tablets help
    Take care
    hugs Jayne

    ReplyDelete