Friday, November 28, 2008

Zucchini & Beef soup (YUMMY!!)



























I wanted to share a reciepe of the soup that everyone in my house LOVES! Even my kids love it, which is awesome since there is zucchini in it. The last picture of the green book is a reciepe book I have been making for years now of all of the favorites I feed my family all of the time. And the special stuff I make for holidays. I started it a long time ago with the idea that when my daughter moves out on her own I will pass the book along to her so that she has all the know how she needs to continue eating everything she has grown up eating and loves ;)
This soup is awesome because it is a low carb soup for those who care lol
Zucchini & Beef Soup
1/2 pound ground beef
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 medium zucchini, cubed
2 cups of water
1 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning (I use Lowry's)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon sugar
pepper to taste
Shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, cook beef, celery, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain.
In a large pot add the meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, water, inalian seasoning salt, salt if desired, bouillon, sugar, and pepper.
Stir good.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
After served in bowls, garnish with the Parmesan cheese
This makes about 6 servings, I usually double the reciepe because everyone loves it so much in my house.


6 comments:

  1. Robyn,
    We love soup especially on a cold winter day.Thanks for the recipe.It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a hearty soup that will warm the heart and tummy! Thank you for the recipe!!
    Have a great weekend...hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that soup is tasty!! Please continue to share food pics and your recipes. i love seeing them. XOXOXOOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping the recipe was at the bottom...lol
    I will be making that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robyn
    Just caught up on your blog! It's been awhile since I was in.
    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    I also snagged some of your amazing Gorjuss tags! Thanks so very much! Hope you and the kids are having fun getting ready for the holidays!
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds scrumptious and I will be making it for tomorrow's dinner -after hitting the grocery for a few items today! YUM!

    ReplyDelete