Friday, December 19, 2008

Rest in peace Grant! See you on the other side.......

Photobucket

My hubby's friend of over 20 years Grant passed away today at 4:11. My hubby and his brother have been at the hospital in the hospice unit for the last 3 days with him. They were in the room with him when he gasped his last breathe and he is no longer in pain!

The last few days have really been hard for my hubby and his brother. They know he was at peace when he passed away and he was ready. He is one of those friends that will never ever be able to be replaced in my hubby's life.

He will never be forgotten and his pain is gone!

We love you Grant, and will all see you someday on the other side!

Until today, he was sort of responsive. Even making jokes and worrying about other's. They all had their goodbyes, and they all did the best they could to do the best they could. I wish I were with my hubby right now to just hold him, but he is 4 hours away.

In between the crying, and laughter remembering good times my hubby and his brother are holding each other up. They are relieved that he is in a better place now.

Thank you to all of you who have prayed for Grant in the last almost 6 weeks! It is greatly appreciated and will always be remembered!


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. May he rest in peace. And may your husband and his brother know they did their very best to stand by him in the end. God Bless them all.
    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thought and prayers with Grant and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...I'm so sorry, but I am thankful that Grant had your hubby and bil by his side. You are right he is pain free now and at peace. You know someone is never dead as long as they live on in someone's heart and I believe Grant is in the hearts of many.
    Hugs, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick also lost his BBF of 30 yrs who died with us in the room 5 months ago so my heart goes out to you and DH. Truly. I am so very sorry for this profound loss.
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. sending my condolences on the loss of your long time friend. saying a prayer for his family, & good friends like your husband.
    grant's at peace now, no more pain.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your hubby and his brother are in my thoughts and prayers. It is hard to say good bye to those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across to offer you my prayers and condolences at the loss of such a dear friend to your husband and BIL.
    What true friends they were to be with him until the end. What a comfort that must have been to him.
    God bless him. May he rest in peace..Amen.
    He will be in my prayers.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for strength & comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robyn,
    My condolences to all who loved Grant.It is so hard to lose a lifelong friend but even harder to witness their suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know your hubby and all will be lost without Grant but at least he is in a better place with no pain. Keeping you all in my prayers. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. my thoughts and prayers go out to Grant, his family, and yours
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robyn,
    I am so very sorry to hear that Grant has passed away, but i glad that he is free of pain and in a better place. I am sure that he was grateful to your hubby and bil for being there with him
    R.I.P Grant...... Sleep well
    Hugs Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for your loss. I know he will be irreplaceable but he is at peace now with no more pain. God give you all comfort and strength at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sorry for your loss...your husband, BIL and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers...

    May Grant Rest in Peace....

    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete