Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My menu today........... No-Bake cookies & Boiled Chicken

Hi guys I didn't end up making the no-bake cookies last night. I made them with Rayanna when she got home from school. Here is the recipe........

No-Bake Cookies

2 cups white sugar

3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup of butter (a stick)

1/2 cup of milk

1 pinch of salt

3 cups quick cooking oats

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

about a cup of coconut


1: In a sauce pan bring the sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and salt to a rapid boil for one minute

2: In a mixing bowl add the oats, coconut and vanilla extract

3: After your sauce pan mixture has came to the rapid boil pour it over the oats mixture and stir well so that everything is evenly coated.

4: Lay a strip of wax paper onto the counter and start scooping the cookies until mixture is gone. You can make them any size you want.

5: Let sit and they will harden.

You also can add anything that sounds good to you in them like a lil peanut butter, caramel, chocolate chips, nuts, ect













For dinner tonight is boiled chicken, in about an hour I will clean it and make some sort of rice or noodles to serve it over.

4 comments:

  1. Yum. That's not enough to say. I have all those ingredients in my cabinet right now except for cocoa powder. Guess I will pick up some next time I shop. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh those cookies look wonderful. im thinking i should make some :)

    xo
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the food looks yummy hope you saved me some of the cookies lol. My mom used to make them or some similar to that when I was growing up

    ReplyDelete