Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Where I am from" Wrote by my daughter Rayanna

Ray's conference went awesome! She made the A honor roll and is super excited about that! She had to write this poem called where I am from and I love it!

"Where I am from"

I am from Karoake Revolution: American Idol Edition, from Prego spaghetti sauce, and Dawn dish soap.

I am from a cozy, and clean suburban home.

I am from walkways covered by trees, the beaches full of soft white sand, and cold water.

I am from home cooked meals, and never a dull moment, from Joshua, and Lexi and the Lennes family.

I am from keeping to our selves in public, and letting loose when it's just family and close friends hanging out. From get rid of that attitude, and Night Sweetie, I love you.

I'm from Prairie Island, Spaghetti, and Tator-tot hotdish. From the laughing over dumb things only Kerry and I would understand, the fun summer days hanging out at Fish Lake, and the crazy, annoying Josh.

I am from Cherished Bears on my bedroom shelves, gave to me from a mom who never stops giving, and couldn't be more loved, and appreciated.

My name is Rayanna L.

6 comments:

  1. This is one very, very special person, your daughter. ANd you know that's the VERY karaoke game I'm gonna have to buy when I get the machine. HUGS to you all, Nelishia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those "where I'm from" things. Using the template provided online, I've done two at different times for myself on my blog, and one for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very special daughter who is obviously well grounded :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cherished Bears on the shelf got to me.
    Wonderful poem!

    Daughters like Ray come from a good Mom and family. Congrats you are doing a good job. Love to you all and Happy Easter, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how she incorporated everything even the tater tot hotdish too :)

    cute thanks for shairing

    emily

    ReplyDelete